Cuprisorb, what will it remove?

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you that do icp tests and have used cuprisorb, were there any negative effects, did it pull out any beneficial elements?

My most recent icp came in with high iron and zinc and i was contemplating using cuprisorb and water changes to bring them down. Will cuprisorb help with zinc and iron?

Also i will be taking apart my pumps to look for the source. I havent located it yet

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly it pulls out beneficial elements, since, if nothing else, it pulls out copper, which is a needed trace element. :)

How high are these levels?

High iron is not likely a concern if you are not dosing it, and somewhat elevated zinc is not an issue either.

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly it pulls out beneficial elements, since, if nothing else, it pulls out copper, which is a needed trace element. :)

How high are these levels?

High iron is not likely a concern if you are not dosing it, and somewhat elevated zinc is not an issue either.
Im getting some stn on a few of my small acro frags and they were the only thing out of range, or that has changed since the last one.

Zinc is at 19ųg/l and iron at 2.412ųg/l

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting some stn on a few of my small acro frags and they were the only thing out of range, or that has changed since the last one.

Zinc is at 19ųg/l and iron at 2.412ųg/l

I strongly doubt either of those is the issue.

Some companies (e.g., Red Sea, recommend iron at 100 ug/L). I regularly boosted mine to 1-2 ug/L by dosing.

The zinc is not that much above natural levels.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back