Curios RO/DI Question

NewRobert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RO/DI system seems to be on steroids this morning.

Just out of curiosity (I am not complaining), do these things go through a break-in period and then produce DI water faster after a while?

When I made the first batch of water for my tank, it took roughly 2 hours to fill a 25l bucket.

Today, it is taking 90 minutes. I have flooded the kitchen 3 times because of this (still shopping for a larger container to store water in).

Air temperature is more or less the same as it was the last time I had to do this (over a period of 2 days as I was making 400l in total).

Did I just get lucky or is this what I can expect going forward?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to live in an apartment, or on a shared water source? My RODI unit fluctuates based off of if any water is running in the house (laundry machine, showers, sprinkler system, etc.). And like Ippyroy said, water temp is going to affect the system rather than air temp. As an example, in the winter, the water is super cold and slows down to 5 gallons every ~4 hours, but in the summer, it can take 1.5 hours for the same amount.

OP
OP
NewRobert

NewRobert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if our weather has been pretty much the same as last time, I would assume the water temperature would be roughly the same as well.

Other water using appliances has been running non stop most of today as well. I just found it very weird.

Another question, would it be a pressure problem if I run the DI output line for 20 meters up a staircase and into a reservoir on my balcony?

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 to 60 psi is necessary for the membrane to work properly should have a pressure gauge right before the membrane after the pre-filter this will help you when you're pre filter first become clogged you will see a dropped in pressure

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back