Curious to how long does it take for an RBTA to split?

wutang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to how long (months/years!?) before a RBTA will split. I've had mine for 3-4 months now and its about 4-5" wide.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really isn’t a set time period for them to split. Some btas split like crazy and others rarely split, even within the same system.

JerseyClowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to how long (months/years!?) before a RBTA will split. I've had mine for 3-4 months now and its about 4-5" wide.

It depends, I've had them split at all sizes/time intervals. Once thing that's been fairly consistent is after a large water change, I typically have seen my nems split, so stress may also play a part.

reefologist55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones are like human beings, we all come in different shapes and sizes. The average anemone, bubble tip, we'll split once they reach the size of about 6 in.

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends, I've had them split at all sizes/time intervals. Once thing that's been fairly consistent is after a large water change, I typically have seen my nems split, so stress may also play a part.

when you say large water change, how large are we talking about?
I got my nem from a local reefer that says his nem always split after water change. I've had the nem for over a year and no split, granted I only do a 10% water change every 2 weeks, not exactly a large water change.

JerseyClowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you say large water change, how large are we talking about?
I got my nem from a local reefer that says his nem always split after water change. I've had the nem for over a year and no split, granted I only do a 10% water change every 2 weeks, not exactly a large water change.

I was thinking more along the lines of like a 50+% water change to get them to split.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back