Curious wormfish in stock - wait or not?

christinna77

Tilefish Mom
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
1,162
Reaction score
1,451
Location
Vancouver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, my LFS just got a shipment with a few curious wormfish I've wanted for a long time. Right now they're around 1.5 in, buried in the sand and not eating.

Do you think I should grab 1-2 now and try to get them acclimated and feeding myself, or wait a week or so until they settle in at the LFS? Not sure if moving them again this soon would stress them too much, but I also feel like I could give them better care than the store (I have a nice observation nano tank with no other fish in there).

Would appreciate any thoughts!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new