Current AI lights are 20% off while the stock is cleared

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let everyone know that In the US and Canada - perhaps elsewhere as well - the current AI LEDs are being cleared off at 20% off. I first saw this online. I am in San Diego today for work and went to a nice LFS (Aquarium Warehouse). I asked the manager and he gave me the 20% off on the last one they had in stock. So I suspect, even if your LFS is not advertising the sale, they will most likely give it to you if you ask. If you don’t mind getting a light that will be last gen in a couple weeks this seems like a good opportunity.

PS: I am not sure if this is the right location to post this. If not, please move it as appropriate. Thanks.

OP
OP
Sordfish

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah BRS has them on sale too.

I think you meant Aquatic Warehouse.
Yes, a lot of online stores have them on sale but a couple were already running out of stock. Thanks for the correction, it is indeed Aquatic Warehouse. I liked it and found the staff there to be very helpful. I randomly picked it based on a web search and since it was close to where I was working.

OP
OP
Sordfish

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your LFS is blowing smoke up you know what. Multiple online retailers have it 20% off and so do both the LFS near me.

I would shop around.
Agreed. Everyone is giving 20% across the board while they have it in stock - even here in Canada. If your LFS is not going to give you that, I’d guess they think there are enough people who don’t know about the discount and are trying to make a little extra profit at their customer’s expense.

z28reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Everyone is giving 20% across the board while they have it in stock - even here in Canada. If your LFS is not going to give you that, I’d guess they think there are enough people who don’t know about the discount and are trying to make a little extra profit at their customer’s expense.
Just went in today and talked to them they dropped everything down to brs prices after talking to their wholesaler

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wish they would do this for the radions

They might when new radions come out, right now, there's no reason to do so as people gladly pay the premium.

AI isn't dropping prices out of the kindness of their hearts, they're doing it to move old stock when the new models hit the shelves.

OP
OP
Sordfish

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't yet, I am planning to run a prime on my new evo 13.5 build but I want to explore other options first such as t5s.
I have an evo 13.5 too - I got a new one on sale for $70. I plan to use it as my quarantine tank initially. Love to see what you do with it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back