Current Orbit Marine IC cord replacement

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my loop powerheads quit and while I was untangling the cords to remove them my light shut off. Upon inspection I found the DC power cord must have had a crack in it and poor connection and had burnt one of the pins and some of the plastic around it was gone. The light itself is fine just the cord end needs replacing. Any idea where I can source a replacement plug? The cord itself is part of the light so I'll have to cut the old end of and solder and heat shrink the new one on. I could just cut one of one of the dead powerheads as they use the same plug but the wire for the powerheads is smaller so I'm assuming isn't rated for as much current as the light.

OP
OP
fermentedhiker

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven't been able to find just the connector for sale. Given enough time I'm sure I could find one somewhere, but I don't want the tank dark for an extended period of time. I found an extension cable for it on Amazon for 15$. More than I should have to spend to just replace a plug, but I figure by the time I paid for shipping from an electronics supply place it would cost 5-10$ at least anyways and this way I get it Tuesday and can get my lights back up and running.

Now to find a replacement for the powerheads. The 660gph eflux ones all died in less than a year so I'm going to find something that is hopefully more reliable. Looking at trying to find a couple used MP10s. Hard to justify the price of new ones for a display fuge :/ I see lots of MP40s for sale at a decent savings but not many MP10s?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.3%

Back