Current Orbit Marine LED Bracket

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have a Fluval 13.5 tank and have a current orbit marine led light and bracketed arm.

My problem is the plastic screws the arm came with don't seem to even be long enough to make contact with the glass (even with suction cups on there)

I don't wanna put something between the screws and the glass for support till I can get some OKs on what's good to use for that. I don't want the glass to expand and crack either obviously.

Anyone have similar experiences? Fixes? And or something I can use to fill the gap that won't crack my tank with tank temp fluxes

Ty in advance for any help

2020-08-06 15.43.49.jpg 2020-08-06 15.44.20.jpg

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had same issue. Your brackets should have included them in box. If not you can order from their support or pretty much use your own spacers in between the glass and the screws. If you look in the link below right in the middle there are 2 rectangular pieces, those are the "shim spacers". Their customer support is amazing, I would contact them and get a couple if you dont feel comfortable trying other materials.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had same issue. Your brackets should have included them in box. If not you can order from their support or pretty much use your own wedges in between the glass and the screws. If you look in the link below right in the middle there are 2 rectangular pieces, those are the "wedges". Their customer support is amazing, I would contact them.

OH! Well now I feel dumb I should've looked at the packing list. The arm I bought did not have the right plastic screws and they sent me some I didn't think it would also be missing the wedge as well!

Does the wedge allow for a nice snug fit that doesn't wobble too crazy while being safe against the glass? Do you have a tightness reccomendation?

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, edited above, looking at their website they actually call them "Shim spacers" instead of wedges.
They allow for pretty snug fit, no wobble at all whatsoever. The ones I had felt like some kind of very hard rubber so I felt safe while tightening the screw I wouldn't overdo it

OH! Well now I feel dumb I should've looked at the packing list. The arm I bought did not have the right plastic screws and they sent me some I didn't think it would also be missing the wedge as well!

Does the wedge allow for a nice snug fit that doesn't wobble too crazy while being safe against the glass? Do you have a tightness reccomendation?

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's even better. Thank you so much for the reply and help. Been having this led light just resting over the tank on the wire pegs, letting the arm collect dust

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's even better. Thank you so much for the reply and help. Been having this led light just resting over the tank on the wire pegs, letting the arm collect dust
Glad to help. Pretty sure they can send you a couple but if they don't you can pick something at hardware store too

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back