Current USA eflux loop

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I'm looking to upgrade to the waterbox marine X 60.2 (whenever Liveaquaria allows orders for them since waterbox is now allowing it) and im thinking i may want to go with this pump since it looks controllable and decent https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/eflux-loop-dc-flow-return-pump-1050-gph-current-usa/ what i want is easy control of pumps and affordable in pricing. Id love to go all out with monitoring in and controls if one was on the same app or platform but i havent found much on that so if there are better options please share.

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have other Current USA equipment like their lights and wave pump, or plan on getting them - I'd look elsewhere. I have their loop system and it works for ramp up/down/feedtime, but I dont have their return pump. On my new tank I have ecotech wave makers and return to control through mobius.

OP
OP
Boco

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, currently the only thing im moving to my new tank is an AIPrime HD light. Sonim trying to find the best solution for ease of control. I have time so i dont mind buying parts and storing till the tank arrives. Im open to all suggestions. I found another forum on controllers here but im not sure yet what all im looking at as this would be the first time in automation of anything other then an ato.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Current lights, return pump and wave pumps all work well together if you decide to go that route. The return pumps are very quiet. I don't have any experience using any of them individually with no-Current controllers however.

OP
OP
Boco

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Current lights, return pump and wave pumps all work well together if you decide to go that route. The return pumps are very quiet. I don't have any experience using any of them individually with no-Current controllers however.
Thank you for the reply, im still undecided on what i want to run. I have plenty of time to figure it out but im leaning towards the Hydros control 2.

neo1738

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Marine IC Pro, 2 wave pumps and return Pump. For a smart system that's not apex its a great bang for the buck. The lights are perfect for FOWLR or corals that don't need strict requirements but from what I've heard may not be for the most demanding species. Personally love it for the price.

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the wave pump kit with two 2100gph power heads and so far I like this setup a lot.. I am running them at 70% in gyer mode right now.. going to leave that for a week and just let them run... These thing move some water wow... tank is 100g 60x18x20 and these push water all the way to the other side easily at 70% without blowing my sand bed all over.. This is a nice upgrade from the Hydor 1150s I had before... I had three of those and one is left but not for long.. I am going to add another 2100 so I am 100% on the control hub (granted I know the third pump is steady stream only but you can still tune the flow rate)...

As stated above for the price these are really nice.. feels like a premium product at a very competitive price.. That said I have heard hit and miss luck with Current's customer support .... hopefully I won't have to use them hah.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had very good experiences with their customer service.

FYI, you will probably need to clean the powerheads every 3 or 4 months, particularly if you have any algae grow on them. It's quick and easy to do. I've read a few reviews where buyers indicated the powerheads had failed. I suspect they may have just needed a quick scrub with vinegar. I dpn't let them soak because I've read where others users (not necessarily with the Current product) had issues with magnetic impeller shafts swelling up when left overnight in vinergar.

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had very good experiences with their customer service.

FYI, you will probably need to clean the powerheads every 3 or 4 months, particularly if you have any algae grow on them. It's quick and easy to do. I've read a few reviews where buyers indicated the powerheads had failed. I suspect they may have just needed a quick scrub with vinegar. I dpn't let them soak because I've read where others users (not necessarily with the Current product) had issues with magnetic impeller shafts swelling up when left overnight in vinergar.
copy that... Yeah I have read really good things about their CS but also a few people who have had horrible times.. more good than bad though. I am sort of thinking about going with their lights down the road too as I have black box lights now which are fine but would love more control and to have all of these on the loop with bluetooth.

Thanks for the tip.. I have gotten in the habit of pulling my hydors every month and giving them a good scrub as the performance suffers greatly if I leave them any longer than that.. So that'll be fine.. I will just keep an eye on them - as they are new now I probably have a bit before I need to start the cleaning cycle.. but once that time comes I will likely just keep the monthly schedule for that... I watched a couple vids about these and they said be careful of the ceramic impeller shaft but aside from that seems easy peasy...

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the current USA wave pump and lights. Agreed, they work really well together, and have been working for over a year nonstop. For the price it’s best system.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the eflux 1050 return and eflux wave makers for almost 2 years now and they have performed great( knock on wood)
I bought the Bluetooth controller shortly after for $75 and It allows me to control flow for return pump and wave maker with my phone . A few more wires than I like but for the money it’s great!
Return pump is quiet as well..

I have the current orbit pro on my African Cichlid tank which because light was t strong enough for my mixed tank .

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're interested, I recently posted the results of PAR meter reading for various locations in my 125 gallon tank using the Current IC Pro Dual lights. Its in the thread under lighting where others have posted their results.

OP
OP
Boco

Boco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apt everyone's input! Im still very torn on what equipment i want to go with, however my timeline got extended for the upgrade simce i think we mihht be moving in the next year so i might be able to get the marineX 90.3 if i can go that route i may go with the current USA eflux loop, but the hydros control 4.. i plan to do alot more research over the next year and see what other new goodies come out also!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back