Custom AIO Frag Tank is it viable ?

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RedSea Reefer 250 SPS dominate. I am very seriously thinking of adding a small custom AIO frag tank to my setup. I do not have a lot of extra room for another larger tank and would like place this next to the Redsea 250. The AIO would be 18" x 18" X 10 ". This will sit on a JbJ 15 Cubby Stand. The space that I have is 20" x 20" so this fits perfectly.
Is an AIO viable for this application for SPS ? Total water volume will be about 9.5 gallons. I will have an auto water change setup like I have on my 250 . (Auto Aqua ) A mp10qd will supply the extra flow. A quality Nano skimmer (Tunze)
Lighting still up in the air as I currently have Reefbreeders Photon V2 for my main tank .

APX90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont see why not, ever thought about doing something like a shallow frag tank from advanced acrylics? its not an all in one but would be pretty sweet hard plumbed into your reefer 250

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about doing that but I want to keep new corals QT. I have a guy here Salty Concepts that will build to my specs. Back chambers to the dimensions I want and build media caddies to fit inside the dual overflows. I have seen his work first hand. I do like to support local as much as possible as I am a small local retail business myself.I got this inspiration and Ideas from Advanced Acrylics.
I will post pics and build thread when we start the build.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a RedSea Reefer 250 SPS dominate. I am very seriously thinking of adding a small custom AIO frag tank to my setup. I do not have a lot of extra room for another larger tank and would like place this next to the Redsea 250. The AIO would be 18" x 18" X 10 ". This will sit on a JbJ 15 Cubby Stand. The space that I have is 20" x 20" so this fits perfectly.
Is an AIO viable for this application for SPS ? Total water volume will be about 9.5 gallons. I will have an auto water change setup like I have on my 250 . (Auto Aqua ) A mp10qd will supply the extra flow. A quality Nano skimmer (Tunze)
Lighting still up in the air as I currently have Reefbreeders Photon V2 for my main tank .
Look at the jbj cubey.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
def viable, but I personally don't like to deal with such a small water volume when it comes to sps. Less room for error, just have to make sure water changes (parameters) and dosing is to the dot.

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing Auto water changes daily as I do now with my main tank .I will be using Tropic Marien All-For-Reef. As that is what I have been using in my main tank for the last 6 months and have been really liking it. Rock solid on all parameters. With the daily water changes on such a small system I may not need to dose.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing Auto water changes daily as I do now with my main tank .I will be using Tropic Marien All-For-Reef. As that is what I have been using in my main tank for the last 6 months and have been really liking it. Rock solid on all parameters. With the daily water changes on such a small system I may not need to dose.

sounds like ur set!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back