CUSTOM BUILD AQUARIUM 24x36x14H

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
552
Location
Aussie
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking into building my own aquarium soon like tomorrow and couldn’t find a bottom glass piece 36x24 but was able to find a 36x24 3/16” Acrylic as a replacement.
Can I use silicon to bond both acrylic and glass together? I would prefer the bottom be acrylic that way I can drop in holes for over flow with out worry.
 
Nah, doing that and you're doomed! Or at least your floors are! :anxious-face-with-sweat: Please please please don't ;)

I am sure if you go to a glass merchant of sorts he can hook you up with whatever size you need though?
 
A BIG NO....It will not hold....Pick one material, glass or acrylic and make the entire tank out of it.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new