custom diy acrylic aquarium question

Wall Street Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
147
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all been awhile and getting close to the finish line on another shallow reef. I build this one out of acrylic from TAP plastics and used weld-on 4 to bond it all together. My question is will i need to seal the inside anymore with silicone or something? I had all the edges routed before bonding so i got very clean welds and feel like there wont be any leaks. I had built a small drain box for my sump and used weldon 4 and those edges werent routed and it has no leaks without silconing. should I bother sealing the inside of the tank? Dimensions: 26x9x19

THANKS!
 
Speaking strictly about the joints/welds, as long as they are good, and the overall design is solid, you shouldn't need to "seal" them with silicone or anything else.
 
that what I thought they were the best welds ive done so far with minimal bubbling because of the routed edges. Im going to do a freshwater test and see if it passes the test
 
1/2'' X 1/2'' gusset welded to the inside of the tank 2'' to 3'' longer than the area in question.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new