Custom overflow builders

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a custom design for an external overflow that I need built. I had gotten a quote some time ago from Modular Marine but it looks as though they are struggling to keep up with current orders. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

highest_tides

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm..i built my internal overflow because I wanted to bottom drill. What is the design like? I bet you could take a stab at it. I bought a sheet of Acrylic and used my table saw for cuts. Because it was internal I made a job and molded the acrylic with a hit gun to the jig. Would an external just be a box that you bottom drill the acrylic? Also using a simple calculation and can size cuts by gph.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just got a custom-made one from Modular Marine last week (66" long with 2 external boxes), start to finish about 3 months but that included 2 rounds of template shipping to match existing holes drilled by the tank manufacturer.

Very happy with the outcome so far.

Exotic Marine Systems is another that makes custom-sized overflows but I wasn't thrilled with the way they do their internal slots. I think they would have more business if they gave customers a choice. They have explained the advantages in YouTube videos and I get it but I feel it's easier to lose fish/shrimp with their system. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I wanted not to worry with an old-school design.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 64 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back