Customer service

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank finally was found and showed up. I was hesitant as it wasnt shrink wrapped. The cabinet boxes weren't even on the tank. But all that aside. The tank showed up flawless. Everything looked perfect. I put the stand together and only have one issu . The hinges kind of suck but more importantly. Doors arent straight. No matter what I changed on hinge. Moved hinges around on doors to see if I can get it to fix. No matter what I tweaked the one door isnt lining up or flat. Has a bow. I emailed photos to waterbox late last night so well see if they get back to me on it. On the other door. I had the mrs. Hold door level to top of the cabinet as I snugged down the screws and no matter what the door is so heavy it wont sta . The side away from hinge would drop. So I couldnt keep it level and straight. So what did I do? I got so frustrated with the doors I tried to just lift up hard and bend it and I ripped the hinges right out of the hinge mollies that were in the side of the cabinet. Lol. So now I'm going to get rid of these hinges and install 6 nice blum soft close hinges which will use different holes so I'll patch the original holes and clean it up I'm hoping blume adjustability will help pull the door in where its warped in case they dont send a new door or door set.

Last edited:

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190611_165529.jpg
20190611_171020.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the same problem. with another vendor. The doors are hard to adjust. I learned to live with it... BUT - I would suggest you take that door off - and be certain its not warped (that was the problem here)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did all that. The problem is the top of door is warped the hinge is set all the way in with adjustment. And that gap is like that. If I adjust it to go farther from the cabinet it goes either farther. Pic i posted is the hinges all the way in. I changed hinges around multiple times and it doesnt change. So it's the doors

mfrumkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to order a Marine 30.2 AIO from their website. I had questions and called and left a message, emailed, and used messenger. Their website says "Standard with every AIO system is a premium return pump and filtration media." I wanted to know the GPH on the pump. Finally, I received a call back from someone clearly in their call center who told me the GPH was 237. That seemed REALLY low so I texted support and got the response that the AIO did not come with a pump. I pointed out that their website said otherwise and sent them the exact copy. Literally, 5 minutes later I got a call from someone in charge telling me that while they still had a few AIO with pumps the pumps were underpowered and I would be better off getting the NYOS Viper 2.0 that could be adjusted from 80gph to 530gph. I thanked them, went to my LFS who is a dealer and ordered the waterbox from them. The same price, but if there are issues it is my LFS who has to deal with it, NOT ME. If you can, order from your LFS, if you can't because there are no dealers in your area, I would go with Marine Depot. Let any issues be the dealer's headache, (I've been down that road with a 180gl tank that popped a seam and I am glad the LFS could go to bat for me. There is something about the LFS doing a million dollars a year plus with the manufacturer that gets the manufacturer to pay attention).

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its tonlqte for that. As far the service from day I ordered. Both complaints. Cant beat up waterbox for the ups delivery issue I had for a extra week. That wasnt their fault. The tank sump and stand all are great. Tank is a beaut. The doors are just off. Well 1 for sure. I'm hoping they just send . ew box containing both doors since that's how it shipped. But if it's one door I'll take it. I'll keep every updated. Right now both doors are off as I'm ordering more equipment anyways. But as much as they think it's a hinge issue or a user error for adjusting hinges. it's not the photo I sent is the hinge adjusted as far is as they all go. And bottom is basically far in top is way out. If i adjust it as far out as it goes. It is even larger gaps. It's got a bo . Simple as that. I changed hinges around to see if that would change it. It doesnt. So it's not a hinge issue. I ordered blum soft close hinges. But I wont install them until i have proper fitted and straight boards.
20190611_215131.jpg

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone who has been attempting to reach out to Waterbox customer service, please feel free to message this account. I will be checking the inbox periodically. Please let me know if there is anything that has not been resolved.

Thank you for everyone's patience.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@waterboxaquariums CS is top notch. We received our 230.6 a few weeks ago with a small chip in sump. They replaced it free of charge and replacement arrived cracked. We had a second replacement with 4 days at our home and were good to go! Thanks so much!

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to get the 60.3 frag tank through a second layer of protection. I bought from one of the on line companies. I figured this way as others have said that I would have the luxury of being able to contact someone immediately If I had problems and I would let them work it out for me. I received my aquarium in very short manor. I was impressed by the speedy delivery. I had aquarium within 4 days of paying for it.

When the aquarium showed up and was delivered. I was surprised to see the panels were stacked on top of the aquarium. I was really worried the aquarium would be cracked or broken. I unpacked everything and everything looks fine. I didn't see any blemish on anything that bothered me. My panels are all black and white. I have since put the aquarium together. The fit and finish is great. I really like the setup. Not sure I will keep the sump. I will probably sell it locally and get a custom geo.

I purchased a orphek atlantic v4 gen 2 for this aquarium. I"m wondering if I can use their brackets that hang on the aquarium. Not sure If there is a thickness requirement. I will use the new communications established on the thread to waterbox and see if it works. I have not had to contact waterbox for anything thus far. Hopefully when I get all the equipment and put water in the aquarium everything will be ok. So far no issues and everything looks great.

nhartt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you ever get a solution to getting your cabinet door flush? i’m having a similar issue on my new 180.5. the left door just can’t be adjusted to flush, I tried for hours

5326BF8D-CB30-4DDE-9451-124F8001D98A.jpeg

Back