Cut or leave receding tip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrille26
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrille26

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
470
Reaction score
373
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I got this Pistillata in my tank, and I noticed this morning that one tip appears to be receding.
All my other corals look healthy and happy, including Acros, Montis and a mix of lps and soft corals.
Alk 9dkh
Mag 1320
Ca 420
No3 10
Po4 underectable on Salifert test
Sg 1.026

how would you deal with it, let it be and see, cut tip or try to glue it over?
Thanks for any advice!
39B33AD8-6064-4C4F-81A3-AB2117734929.jpeg
64FC8F8C-D5A5-4CB3-9188-F352F71C2725.jpeg
BF25C269-CFD3-4C4D-89E5-32C3EFFFDFD9.jpeg
 
It has worsened a little bit since this morning but not alot, I am wondering if it is bleaching or tissue death? I think it is bleaching at this point since I cant see any loose tissue, it just looks like the tissue on the tip is dark coloured.
Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated!

B2C13A1D-EA8A-4DED-A9D0-A16EC98491B4.jpeg
 
It has worsened a little bit since this morning but not alot, I am wondering if it is bleaching or tissue death? I think it is bleaching at this point since I cant see any loose tissue, it just looks like the tissue on the tip is dark coloured.
Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated!

B2C13A1D-EA8A-4DED-A9D0-A16EC98491B4.jpeg
It’s not bleaching it’s stn. It’s getting darker because algae is starting to take over. You need to cut the tip and it will regrow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new