Cutting a lumenbar in half?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I need two 12 inch lumenbars. Is there a way to cut one 24 inch bar in half and connect them together with a cable?

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it,the diodes are probably mounted right to the boards,which has thermal passage ways between diodes to connect the circuitry.

Although,you could make some. Rapidled has everything to male them.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it,the diodes are probably mounted right to the boards,which has thermal passage ways between diodes to connect the circuitry.

Although,you could make some. Rapidled has everything to male them.
Does Raipd LED even still do anything Reef Related? I thought they moved solely to Cannabis Lighting.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,they do. All diodes are reef related still. I would suggest the Meanwell 35-700 driver for $13 for his suggested idea. Stevesleds has the slim 1" heatsink he would need. But Rapid has all the leds he would need.

I just put in a order with Rapid a few months ago. But went to their site about 20 .minutes ago.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,they do. All diodes are reef related still. I would suggest the Meanwell 35-700 driver for $13 for his suggested idea. Stevesleds has the slim 1" heatsink he would need. But Rapid has all the leds he would need.

I just put in a order with Rapid a few months ago. But went to their site about 20 .minutes ago.
I know they still sell diodes which can be used to light anything really. Was more wondering if they still made any reef-specific lighting like their old corona box’s.
seems now it’s all pucks and chips to grow cannabis. At least that’s the only thing I see on their Instagram for the past year or more.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know they still sell diodes which can be used to light anything really. Was more wondering if they still made any reef-specific lighting like their old corona box’s.
seems now it’s all pucks and chips to grow cannabis. At least that’s the only thing I see on their Instagram for the past year or more.

They have he Corona still listed.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah,they still have the Corona listed.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they can't be cut in half. We can custom order 12" bars, there will be additional cost for a small run though. We did have 12" bars before, demand was simply too low to keep them on.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back