Cutting a Neptune systems LLS liquid level sensor

offski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a two fold question.
Is the Neptune liquid level sensor a capacitive sensor?

And if yes,

I should be able to cut it and recalibrate to new length?

Has anyone tried this.

I know this may get responses like. Why do that?
Well I have space constraints and the increments of the size of level are too short or don’t fit.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not 100% sure but look at Milone technologies eTape liquid level sensor as it may give some details. Regarding cutting I believe it is not recommended as there is no calibration option and/or task that allows an adjustable size / length. They are set to what is available / sold which is 4, 15, 23, and 35". In short there isn't a custom option that allows you to cut it to length (which would be nice).

When in doubt shoot Neptune a message via their portal to be sure. I just do not recall a custom fitting option.

OP
OP
O

offski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. So with it being resistive suggests it could be cut.

The calibration tool for this level may allow for it to work. I have already calibrated it different to the scale on the level. The labelled scale starts at -1” then 0 then 1” and so on. I’ve calibrated mine so -1” is 0 and 0 is 1” and so on

I may give it a go and check back in.

OP
OP
O

offski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having looked into this further, it is not possible to cut the tape (bottom of tape). Cutting the bottom of the tape would render it an open circuit.

It would be possible (I guess) to dismantle and cut the top of the tape but that would need extensive work (soldering etc.) that I’m not willing to do. I also believe the Neptune wiring configuration is non standard to the Milone etape wiring (obviously).

I appreciate your input.

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having looked into this further, it is not possible to cut the tape (bottom of tape). Cutting the bottom of the tape would render it an open circuit.

It would be possible (I guess) to dismantle and cut the top of the tape but that would need extensive work (soldering etc.) that I’m not willing to do. I also believe the Neptune wiring configuration is non standard to the Milone etape wiring (obviously).

I appreciate your input.
I appreciate that after you figured it out you came here to share your research.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back