Cutting further a new frag?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Al.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Al.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
103
Reaction score
92
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I’m brand new so forgive if this seems like a dumb question, I got this Duncan with a massive bone and want to know if it’s ok to cut the bone anywhere but specifically where I made the red line in this case and then I assume the bone is dead and gets tossed that it won’t grow anything after cut off?

D84CD683-CC6E-4D93-8FA8-D3C2EDBBC1C1.jpeg
 
The coral tissue will be on the surface of the skeleton. Any small bit of tissue on a skeleton has the potential of growing a new polyp but it is unlikely in most cases. Cutting it where you indicated is fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new