Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New sharp blade, new clean cutting board or tile. Try to get a piece of the foot and mouth in each piece if you can.

Usually cutting in half is pretty easy. Thirds and fourths can get a little harder and survival rate is lower.

Some use cipro baths after the cut and other use Iodine....there are a few other methods I hope people chim in with.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your supremely confident that your system is healthy i wouldnt bother cutting shrooms in half or otherwise. Even then its too easy for them to pick up pathogen that may be floating around.
I know alot of people are doing it but I'd love to hear how many make it past the 1 and 2 yr marks. Ive only had 2 out of 13 other reefers/vendors shroom frags make it to 2 yr mark lol.

You can easily manipulate your shrooms to make them walk and drop babies on there own. Simply prop them up and let gravity do the work or make them walk into higher light intensity.
Better yet you can look for outstretched pieces of foot and cut and snap that off. Your just kinda helping the shroom make a natural baby a little faster doing it this way.

OP
OP
jptankkid

jptankkid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New sharp blade, new clean cutting board or tile. Try to get a piece of the foot and mouth in each piece if you can.

Usually cutting in half is pretty easy. Thirds and fourths can get a little harder and survival rate is lower.

Some use cipro baths after the cut and other use Iodine....there are a few other methods I hope people chim in with.
I have done it with and without iodine and have cut once and have also obliterated rhodactis just to see. But would love to hear other peoples process cause you can never learn too much in this hobby.

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cutting some shrooms up and want to know peoples process
Shrooms are like cockroaches. They'll survive a nuclear holocaust. :p
No seriously, the only way I've seen them die is by too much light.
You can put them in a blender and duct tape them back to live rock rubble. As long as the water parameters are good. they'll eventually grow a head.

(Just kidding. I'm exaggerating about the blender)

Back