JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased and installed a Clearwater CW100 (V2) algae scrubber, and I'm a bit confused on the GPH/Noise ratio... If that makes sense.

I have it plumbed into my manifold, at roughly 50gph (way below the recommended 350gph), as that is the only amount of flow possible to prevent overspill noise. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what's going on? I opened my manifold all the way up, and all it did was make the noise worse. I just don't see how it's possible to avoid the noise with any more water going through it.

Thanks for your help!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased and installed a Clearwater CW100 (V2) algae scrubber, and I'm a bit confused on the GPH/Noise ratio... If that makes sense.

I have it plumbed into my manifold, at roughly 50gph (way below the recommended 350gph), as that is the only amount of flow possible to prevent overspill noise. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what's going on? I opened my manifold all the way up, and all it did was make the noise worse. I just don't see how it's possible to avoid the noise with any more water going through it.

Thanks for your help!
Generally as with mine, as it’s seeded with algae, the noise becomes reduced

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back