CW 100 Algae Scrubber

JustinMN18

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
342
Reaction score
88
Location
55427
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,


I just purchased and installed a Clearwater CW100 (V2) algae scrubber, and I'm a bit confused on the GPH/Noise ratio... If that makes sense.

I have it plumbed into my manifold, at roughly 50gph (way below the recommended 350gph), as that is the only amount of flow possible to prevent overspill noise. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what's going on? I opened my manifold all the way up, and all it did was make the noise worse. I just don't see how it's possible to avoid the noise with any more water going through it.

Thanks for your help!
 
Hello,


I just purchased and installed a Clearwater CW100 (V2) algae scrubber, and I'm a bit confused on the GPH/Noise ratio... If that makes sense.

I have it plumbed into my manifold, at roughly 50gph (way below the recommended 350gph), as that is the only amount of flow possible to prevent overspill noise. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what's going on? I opened my manifold all the way up, and all it did was make the noise worse. I just don't see how it's possible to avoid the noise with any more water going through it.

Thanks for your help!
Generally as with mine, as it’s seeded with algae, the noise becomes reduced
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new