CYANIDE FISHING TROUBLES

YAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in india, here we have a lot of sellers for marine fishes and i usually bought fishes from him as he had the best price and good collection of fishes and corals.In my tank, the corals did absolutely fine, there are some gonis,hammers and zoas but for weird reasons all fishes, especially tangs just die within a week or two for no reason, they ate well, yet they died, no parasites also parameters on mark.finally i took a dead fish out and thought what is the problem, suspecting cyanide poisoning, i gave it to a lab near by to test it and found it was poisoned,from there i ditched that seller.But to be honest,the seller doesn't know how its caught and it goes to the collectors.What your call on this guys?

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly this is something that still goes on. I think many of the marine fish that are wild caught go through this type of poisoning. Usually they keep em for a couple weeks to let the ones that will eventually die, die, and send the "healthy" ones out. Sad stuff. I wouldn't purchase from them again if that's what you've experienced.

Fishbird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the main reasons why I’m only looking at captive bred fish for my tank. Cyanide poisoning destroys entire parts of the reef causing damage that will take decades or centuries to repair. I cannot take the chance that I am contributing to a market that continues to allow cyanide to be used in collecting.

OP
OP
Y

YAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely, the first thing for me is , buying these fishes encourages cyanide fishing, im a nature lover and these destroy reefs and secondly destroy our purse so ditch these kinda sellers and im planning to fly to bali aquarich and place myself a order

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's wrong on so many levels to catch fish this way. Good for you for standing up!

OP
OP
Y

YAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyother suppliers supply cyanide caught fish, never buy fish from them and give awareness to all others to avoid that seller, i’m still worried that people here still buy fish from that seller

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back