CYANO Chemiclean

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a big emergency but it could be. So I guys I had the green slime outbreak. I dosed the tank with Chemiclean. It is working!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 reasons why I’m attentive to the problem. It’s a Nano and I don’t dose Nanos as things can go crazy fast. But everything is alive.

The 48 Hr mark is now. So I have two options. I can either do my water change now. I will do 40%. Or let it go another day as I still see the Cyano but it is dieing and disappearing. I want to eradicate the problem.

need opinions.

HKAVR45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do the recommended water change. When I dosed Chemiclean the phosphates went through the roof.

If you still have green slime you can always re-dose per their instructions, but a water change really isn't optional.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do the recommended water change. When I dosed Chemiclean the phosphates went through the roof.

If you still have green slime you can always re-dose per their instructions, but a water change really isn't optional.
Do you think the die off will continue. And yeas I have chaeto on standby. It’s going in after water change as I figured Phosphates would be an issue.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do water change and blow any remaining loose with a turkey baster and siphon up. Continue treatment another week

HKAVR45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed it on a whim to take care of a bacterial infection I thought was affecting my LPS, not for green/red slime. I did have some cyano, but it really didn't touch it. Has it knocked it back any? If so I would stick with the water change and re-dose in a week. Water change is critical especially with a nano.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do water change and blow any remaining loose with a turkey baster and siphon up. Continue treatment another week
Might be the
I dosed it on a whim to take care of a bacterial infection I thought was affecting my LPS, not for green/red slime. I did have some cyano, but it really didn't touch it. Has it knocked it back any? If so I would stick with the water change and re-dose in a week. Water change is critical especially with a nano.
Yup. I agree. 1 more day tho might be what it needs. Lol. I think the Cyano might continue to die for a day. I’ll do water change and lights off for the next 24. Clean up the dieing stuff add my chaeto and see what happens in a week. Re dose if necessary. Plus that skimmer hasn’t collected anything and I haven’t fed since Sunday.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Might be the

Yup. I agree. 1 more day tho might be what it needs. Lol. I think the Cyano might continue to die for a day. I’ll do water change and lights off for the next 24. Clean up the dieing stuff add my chaeto and see what happens in a week. Re dose if necessary. Plus that skimmer hasn’t collected anything and I haven’t fed since Sunday.
Sounds like a plan. DO NOT feed the tank coral foods or NoPox which will actually feed cyano

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan. DO NOT feed the tank coral foods or NoPox which will actually feed cyano
I figured. I’m not gonna dose anything. No trace elements etc. Just gonna see what happens. Get the clowns and goby fed. I generally only feed every 2-3 days anyways just to keep things down. Chaeto light comes tommorrow so I’ll be able to get that stuff in today. 1 week see what happens to that Cyano. Fed some live mysis Saturday tho. Since I new I was gonna be dosing and wanted to make sure everybody ate before the shock. So I’m sure the levels are off.

Also the reason I dosed was because the tanks fairly new and the Goby and Tiger Pistol paired with the cave at the front of the tank. Otherwise I could of probably eradicated the problem cleaning controlling phosphates and letting the tank continue to break in. But once I saw them pair up where you’ll see them all day. I’m like nope not ruining that picture. Otherwise I’m not big on medication in a Nano.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back