Cyano Clean

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pleased after my first 50oz bottle of Cyano Clean, having dosed every day, as directed, and witnessed the cyano disappear. I started my weekly maintenance dose with my second bottle. At the end of the second bottle I was right back where I started, and where I am now. So so frustrating. So ugly.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pleased after my first 50oz bottle of Cyano Clean, having dosed every day, as directed, and witnessed the cyano disappear. I started my weekly maintenance dose with my second bottle. At the end of the second bottle I was right back where I started, and where I am now. So so frustrating. So ugly.
Are you sure it was cyanobacteria?

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the test, some of the mat, 2cups of tank water and the 1ml peroxide. Not much of a color change until I doubled the peroxide, then definitely pinked up the water.

Isn't that cyano?

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the test, some of the mat, 2cups of tank water and the 1ml peroxide. Not much of a color change until I doubled the peroxide, then definitely pinked up the water.

Isn't that cyano?
The test is a 24 hour test but yes if the water turned pink and the mat turns green it is cylindrospermum cyanobacteria.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back