Cyano, diatoms? Help!

Allow the tank to mature and accept the uglies unless they get out of hand. Avoiding use of tap water, overfeeding and adding a skimmer will help. Some snails that consume this are: Astrea, margarita, cerith, nerite and nassarius
Yeah I siphoned the aquarium last night and removed most of it and boom. This morning it's back like I never did anything.
 
I would recommend adding 2-3 trochus, they are similar to turbos but will eat almost anything. What kind of hermit? You should get a few more, maybe 4 red/blue legs 2 polka dots, and a Halloween hermit if you want one. Cerith snails are my favorite cuc, they clean rocks, sand, and glass, they mainly go under the sand like nassarius, but will come back up and clean the glass, especially near the sandbed where you cant use the algae scraper and no other snails seem to clean.
I actually siphoned the aquarium last night removing most of it and this morning, bam it's back like I never did anything.
 
I may have had a few hitchhikers in live rock but yes I purchased copepods from reef by steel ... I sent him videos thanking him for the results but he said those might not be his and maybe a colony left over and doing well from the live rock hitchhikers.
I just ordered some from him along with phytoplankton.
 
Does it go away when you turn the lights off, only to reappear when the lights come back on? If so, it's (the good kind) of dinos.
 
Yeah I siphoned the aquarium last night and removed most of it and boom. This morning it's back like I never did anything.
Reason being its photosynthetic. When lights go on, it re-emerges and at times heavier. Follow the steps I gave you - will work
 
Yeah I siphoned the aquarium last night and removed most of it and boom. This morning it's back like I never did anything.
Ther is more to dino than what it does with lights on and off. First you find the cause and then take away its food source as listed
 
Does it go away when you turn the lights off, only to reappear when the lights come back on? If so, it's (the good kind) of dinos.
I don't believe so. I think it stays. But I'll check tonight and let you know. I seriously appreciate everyone's help and pointers. This reef 2 reef is a major help!
 
I actually siphoned the aquarium last night removing most of it and this morning, bam it's back like I never did anything.
That is normal, the siphoning is more to hinder the algae than to actually kill it. It's like kicking over someone's sand castle, it's gone but they'll rebuild it. Most algae in new tanks will pop up and then die as it is eaten by cuc or outcompeted by your beneficial bacteria.
 
I don't believe so. I think it stays. But I'll check tonight and let you know. I seriously appreciate everyone's help and pointers. This reef 2 reef is a major help!
Gotcha. Yeah, listen to vetteguy53081. He's the Dude.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new