OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. For these two products last Tuesday and been using daily since I received them. I’ve seen a significant reduction in Cyano so I think this product combo works well. Today I did a water change and really tried to siphon a bunch out. Once I was done, I added the dose for today to beat it back a bit. Hoping this helps and I continue to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
5249A2A6-0A0E-40CD-9AAB-16CEB3DEC1B1.jpeg

Downfall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. For these two products last Tuesday and been using daily since I received them. I’ve seen a significant reduction in Cyano so I think this product combo works well. Today I did a water change and really tried to siphon a bunch out. Once I was done, I added the dose for today to beat it back a bit. Hoping this helps and I continue to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Thanks for the update!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How are these working for you? Still improving? Hope all is well :)

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I think I beat the cyano... but now I’m battling what I believe the be Dino.... it completely goes away in lights out, so it’s the sand bed kind... tested po4 yesterday and it’s .06. Nitrates are around 5ppm so I’m going to get that population up a bit.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Alright, I think I beat the cyano... but now I’m battling what I believe the be Dino.... it completely goes away in lights out, so it’s the sand bed kind... tested po4 yesterday and it’s .06. Nitrates are around 5ppm so I’m going to get that population up a bit.
Darn, sorry to hear. Keep an eye on nutrients like you said. Vetteguy has a pretty good startegy/directions for beating some. Will you try blackouts? Best of luck, hope it goes away quickly

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tryin got find his exact therapy.... from what I’ve read macrobactor7 helps and I have this on hand...

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These are from his directions-
"Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15%) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly"

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... I’m going to grab a microscope for id... they are definitely photosynthetic because when let’s off they are no longer on sand.. I am hesitant to go full black out due to some high end coral... but I have a plan I’m going to try with bacter 7, going to add some bio bricks to sump, replace uv bulb, and increase sand depth to help biodiversity seed.

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still battling my Cyano, but the coral snow and zk Cyano is helping with the additions of micrbactor 7. I’ve been testing every week and my No3 stays at 5ppm…. I have a really thin sand bed, so I’ve been adding new sand to make it a bit thicker. I’m thinking this will help the beneficial bacteria. So got a bag of aragonite sand (dry), rinsed it really well and added a few inches to only 1/2 the tank. Didn’t want to shock the system. Tank was slightly cloudy for about 30 minutes and it quickly disappeared. Hoping I didn’t shock the system at all, but going slow. Corals and fish all seem to be fine.

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I have a cyano problem right now too I just moved all my powerheads to try and eliminate the dead spot and I'm trying not to bottom phosphates out as just tested yesterday and they are . 01 nitrate still 10.8

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I have a cyano problem right now too I just moved all my powerheads to try and eliminate the dead spot and I'm trying not to bottom phosphates out as just tested yesterday and they are . 01 nitrate still 10.8
My phosphate s have been testing around .04 past few so I’m happy that’s staying steady... I think the low nitrates is my issue.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano is driving me nuts… I’ve increased flow. I use a UV. Parameters are on point every time I test… I siphon every week and it comes back within days. I am trying to avoid chemiclean…

I began adding live phyto from algae barn because I read that can help out compete it but hasn’t made a difference… it’s not hurting anything but just ugly! Not sure what else to do. Anyone have idea?

The UV might be making it worse as it destroys lots of their competition (such as the phyto, hence why I do not like UV's)

But honestly a quick 3 days of chemiclean and calling it a day would be my choice if its a lot.

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The UV might be making it worse as it destroys lots of their competition (such as the phyto, hence why I do not like UV's)

But honestly a quick 3 days of chemiclean and calling it a day would be my choice if its a lot.
Getting less and less. I turn uv and skimmer off for 4 hours each time I dose the microbactor 7 per instructions. But maybe? I could probably shut down for a few weeks and see if that helps

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting less and less. I turn uv and skimmer off for 4 hours each time I dose the microbactor 7 per instructions. But maybe? I could probably shut down for a few weeks and see if that helps

Good to hear it is going away :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back