Cyano or dinos

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I been dosing vibrant. Today was gonna be week 8 but I stopped because it was creating what I thought was red cyano. I also am 17 days into fluconazole. For bryopsis. My no3 is like 16-20. Po4 is .02 to .05. I didn't dose vibrant because of this issue. I took some out with coral feeder which looks like dinos???

It's not stringy no bubbles. It's mainly on my sand. 90% sand. Some on rocks. Light. I blast with coral feeder and it goes away. I have mesh and felt socks in now. I just changed my uv bulb now. I gotta do a 35g wc and redose fluconazole since my bryopsis didn't 100% go away.

Should I stop vibrant????

IMG_3933_01.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's definitely dinos and not cyano. I can't tell exactly what type by my view on my phone screen though. They kind of look like amphidinium by movement.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so how do I go about defeating this.

I was dosing reef flux to tackle bryopsis. So my carbon reactor has been off. I actually planned on doing a large water change and redosing reef flux as it didn't totally wipe out my bryopsis

Now this is identified as possibly coolia which I read is toxic. How do I redose fluconazole if it's said to run carbon to help with toxins?

I'm also dosing vibrant. Once weekly.

I tested po4 just now and it's .1ppm and no3 is 16ppmish

I decided to blow the sand with my coral feeder once daily during the light period and possibly blow the sand in middle of the night to keep it off. I just changed my uv bulb to fresh 57w. Only issue it's plumbed into a manifold pump varios 2 individually. (Not into return) I might slow it down a few notches as I've read slower is better for Dino's. It's full sleep now

Changing my mesh and filter socks every 2 days. I ordered micron 10 filter sock to siphon my sand bed

I guess my question is do I put my second dose of reef flux on hold and run carbon. Or do I continue trying to get rid of bryopsis with another round of fluconazole and just keep my no3 and po4 up

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back