Cycle needed?

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your probably right but that looks like alot of live sand. I just think that stuff is the biggest scam and full of so much garbage.
Yea it is IMO somewhat of a scam, full of excess organics, I even had a rusty screwdriver bit in one of my bags I got a while ago, but there probably isnt much ammonia present more nitrates and phosphates

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Homer I agree test ammonia on dry rock works before proceeding.

what if I told you Ike’s dry rock skip cycle thread scared me initially lol I thought he was cra / huge anemone

then it worked, revealed my own comfort zones I thought didn’t exist, and I’ve already messaged him all this lol we laughed

Its not so much what you say but how you say it, youre very pushy to the point of being rude and sometimes condescending. You keep spewing the same thing over and over again ramming it downs people's throats. I have personally watched you scare multiple newcomers that come here with a very simple problem by suggesting they need to do a "rip clean" when it was just a little algae or cyano. I have also seen you tell people not to even test ammonia if they purchased live rocks which is very troubling as you don't even asked how long these live rocks have been in shipping and could have die off.

Maybe change your approach a bit, offer your help just don't shove it in everyone's face.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

right now in the new reef forum someone brought home live rock

the whole forum is telling them they can’t be cycled.

we haven’t learned anything this past year regarding the difference between live rock cycling (don’t add ammonia it shows up ready) and dry rock cycling (can add ammonia)

:)

I’ll be eighty years old before the hobby finally agrees reef conventions aren’t using raw magic to be able to start on time.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back