cycle question

  • Thread starter Thread starter strange33w
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

strange33w

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
677
Reaction score
383
Location
Sanford
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to set up a 30 gallon nano cube. all the rock will be coming from my tank that has been up for about 8 months now. I will be adding new live sand to the nano. My question is, do you think I will see any cycle? Since all the live rock is established I dont think I will. Opinions welcomed.
 
I believe it is wise to always expect one. Better to remain on the side of caution before adding new corals or fish.
 
Probably not, but I agree with Wendy, never hurts to be sure.
 
You should expect a cycle. When you transfer rock, don't be surprised if you lose half of your bacteria, so watch your bioload when transferring livestock.
 
ya I was still planning on waiting a little while before adding any fish. I just have my coral in my quarantine tank right now and wanted to get them out as soon as posible.
 
Probably not. A very small one if any. I doubt you'll have much die off if you don't let the rock sit out too long.
 
the rock will be pulled out and added to the new tank and then water will go in right after.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new