Cycle Tank equipment Question

EyeofAwe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2022
Messages
26
Reaction score
99
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 65g w/ 15g sump. It is a brand new build I received all my equipment except my circulation pumps. My question is can I start to cycle my tank with just the return pump?
 
Hello,

I have a 65g w/ 15g sump. It is a brand new build I received all my equipment except my circulation pumps. My question is can I start to cycle my tank with just the return pump?
Yes you can as well as heaters lights, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new