Linoss17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently on my third going to fourth week of cycling and my ammonia reads .25 and nitrites is a deep purple kinda hard to tell which one it is and my nitrates is about 10-20 ppm and it’s been stuck like this for about a week. I did a 25% wc then a 50% 2 days after and it’s still reading the same levels has my cycle stopped due to high nitrates I read on another forum high nitrites can cause for the process to slow. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated !!!

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always used Bio-spira and some MarinePure blocks to get things kicked off quickly.

Even trusted it enough to QT new $$$ fish :)

OP
OP
Linoss17

Linoss17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always used Bio-spira and some MarinePure blocks to get things kicked off quickly.

Even trusted it enough to QT new $$$ fish :)
I’ve already microbacter xlm and ammonia drops to 2ppm. Nothing I was happening for the first week and a half so I added Dr Tim’s one and only and my ammonia went down but my nitrites and nitrates sky rocketed would the bio spira overload my tank and stall it out if I add more nitrifying bacteria I haven’t ran any type of filter media or my skimmer for the whole process it’s all been an empty empty hob filter to get the water moving and I also used live sand and rock. The tank glass looks like it has something on it it’s still clearing but it looks like little particles of sand or salt on it I was going to scrape it off but I haven’t I’ve only done the water changes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back