Cycling a new Biocube 32

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank too, I peroxided the inside of my glass last nite all drained down, prob a good 15 mins detail totally in the air no water at all, corals just hanging there: dude. water, pls?

it looks hazy glass now but thats bc built up algae is dying, right around tuesday 100% of the glass w be free of the old attachments and I didnt have to scrape a thing.

haven't done disassembly for sand but its coming Im about to change it out, might even go with black sand just for different vibe and then if that acts chemically wierd or something Ill rip clean it to white sand same week.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank too, I peroxided the inside of my glass last nite all drained down, prob a good 15 mins detail totally in the air no water at all, corals just hanging there: dude. water, pls?

it looks hazy glass now but thats bc built up algae is dying, right around tuesday 100% of the glass w be free of the old attachments and I didnt have to scrape a thing.

haven't done disassembly for sand but its coming Im about to change it out, might even go with black sand just for different vibe and then if that acts chemically wierd or something Ill rip clean it to white sand same week.
I was also thinking of the black sand but I like how the standard white looks hah. I actually had my corals in little holding bins while I cleaned my tank, it was pretty dirty lol

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of more update pics. It looks very clean.

119C9B84-2621-471E-8467-2E30DD317E9B.jpeg 505C0891-FC52-46A4-BB52-F4083529D2E3.jpeg 5A294494-123C-45BB-9AD0-8D11BE7EA5B6.jpeg

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are we today can we get white lights + whole tank shot

that’s like asking someone to pose for a no shirt selfie with no warning lol but it shows the effects of rip cleaning better than anything. Clarity is defined best in the all on white shot.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are we today can we get white lights + whole tank shot

that’s like asking someone to pose for a no shirt selfie with no warning lol but it shows the effects of rip cleaning better than anything. Clarity is defined best in the all on white shot.
I will get some pictures to you.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks amazing in full reveal! That little algae means we didn’t bottom your phosphate by removing all clouding. Potent feed might keep a little cleaning work going but it’ll be reliably reduced running strong blues.

keep your blue white tune it’s great. That white shot would show lightened corals if you didn’t run blue enough, those are happy fed.
Lower overall intensity a couple clicks keeping tone if you want to see if that makes less film algae. Easy and safe way to experiment, not params experimented with.

visual tools vs guess kit ones = rock and roll. *i can see pigments still on live rocks you target cleaned vs dipped in peroxide and taken totally to bare, perfection

white shots reveal big time details, all in your favor for system health. That heavy blue they’re in day to day is working great.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks amazing in full reveal! That little algae means we didn’t bottom your phosphate by removing all clouding. Potent feed might keep a little cleaning work going but it’ll be reliably reduced running strong blues.

keep your blue white tune it’s great. That white shot would show lightened corals if you didn’t run blue enough, those are happy fed.
Lower overall intensity a couple clicks keeping tone if you want to see if that makes less film algae. Easy and safe way to experiment, not params experimented with.

visual tools vs guess kit ones = rock and roll. *i can see pigments still on live rocks you target cleaned vs dipped in peroxide and taken totally to bare, perfection

white shots reveal big time details, all in your favor for system health. That heavy blue they’re in day to day is working great.
Thank you. It looks so much better, perfectly clean sand and clear water. All my fish are doing very good active and hungry. Even my honor made it through the ordeal even with a jump out of the tank lol. I will reduce my whites and up my blues a bit and see how that does with the algea. I actually just hatched some brine shrimp babies for my dragonet and will be adding her cup in today along with some more pods tonight I usually siphon them from a clear rinsed holding bottle and then siphon out into tank rocks and sand at night so they can get into rocks and not eaten lol

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that bounce ric, my lfs would not let that go for under $250 ergo you have a $250 coral within two months lol.
*too many cycling threads going I can’t recall if already speculated on your coral lol if so, take an average

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that bounce ric, my lfs would not let that go for under $250 ergo you have a $250 coral within two months lol.
*too many cycling threads going I can’t recall if already speculated on your coral lol if so, take an average
Lol I didn’t know it cost that much already! My Neptune bounce will be the star of the show though, I shine some whites directly on it and see it’s pink bubbles and some purple coming in.

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- tank is looking very clean and corals are looking great. My baby brine finally hatched but I think I did a bit too much. They are overtaking the water lol along with pods that I added today , these are both for my mandarin but seems everybody likes them so they should be gone fairly quickly. All my other fish are eating them. Will this considered overfeeding and cause a nutrient spike , it’s live small good tho so everything in my tanks including corals eat these from what I’ve read. Here are some pictures lol in the cup picture the white dots are all the baby brine coming out towards the light

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could feed my reef that!!!!! This is ideal. Get some into corals mouth somehow

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t harm a reef with junvenile artemia thats such a pure great food.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed diversity

willingness to go beyond just the ‘roids off amazon

specifically factors into why you are going to enjoy this reef in august, what you do now matters in august. system>time to convert into purple and pink reef material= few mos this will age skillfully

august is looking darn great man lol

your tank is telling you what it selects for, against, it’s timing needs, how fast it produces coralline, and whether or not corals add mass or stay neutral. It might look like elk antlers who knows

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed diversity

willingness to go beyond just the ‘roids off amazon

specifically factors into why you are going to enjoy this reef in august, what you do now matters in august. system>time to convert into purple and pink reef material= few mos this will age skillfully

august is looking darn great man lol

your tank is telling you what it selects for, against, it’s timing needs, how fast it produces coralline, and whether or not corals add mass or stay neutral. It might look like elk antlers who knows
Thank you! I’m glad to hear it isn’t overfeeding and what not along with the pods I’ll just change the filter floss tonight in case some went all the way to the filter. I’ll make less next time haha and my next pod harvest is next week

OP
OP
Daniel266jz

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped the water and wave maker for about 35 minutes to let the pods settle and to move some brine to the corals they’re loving it and the fish are still going crazy

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back