OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah going add protein skimmer into sump in next few days with cup off ( for extra aeration) got 2 power heads and been experimenting with 50- 80% strength on controllers and moving power heads closer to surface for more water agitation ( moves all my bloody sands in corner of tank each time ha ha ) and i got quite a deep tank.
As for adding amnonia or food,i havent added doctor tims amnonian chloride for quite sometime now ( maybe 2 weeks) and only adding few flake food first week which im now on 6th week .
As fish going in qt for at least 30 days ( im 8 days since first fish added ,last monday) i didnt do any tests on dt as system got wet as thought it will have around 8- 9 weeks so just prezumed when close to taking fish put qt and into dt i would add amnonian chloride to 2ppm 2 times in the week before and if reduces it to 0 ppm in 24 hours then this good enough.
And even though nitrites last couple weeks been testing at 0.25 ppm and amnonia always 2ppm ( sometimes could be read as 1ppm but think looks darker at night using bulbs as light source instead of near window during daytime)
Maybe 3 times in 1.5 week period i added 1 drop per litre into the system as directed but last time was 2 weeks ago roughly.
Ok thanks for replys and if no one thinks using un- dechloronated tap water to mix the mortar together would cause a problem i will carry on as i am and shortly get a 121 litre brute bin with a lid and possible mix up some salt water then can do just over 30% wc on system then just watch how the little fishes act in the dt water ^_^
Btw the 15% wc i did the other day was mainly because lots gunk in sump ( and thought maybe flake food i put in was to much and continually breaking down and rising the amnonia and bacteria breaking it down and somehow magically made it 2ppm every test he he

Attachments

• 20210427_153430.jpg
    20210427_153430.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210427_153928.jpg
    20210427_153928.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210427_153939.jpg
    20210427_153939.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210427_153959.jpg
    20210427_153959.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 15

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah going add protein skimmer into sump in next few days with cup off ( for extra aeration) got 2 power heads and been experimenting with 50- 80% strength on controllers and moving power heads closer to surface for more water agitation ( moves all my bloody sands in corner of tank each time ha ha ) and i got quite a deep tank.
As for adding amnonia or food,i havent added doctor tims amnonian chloride for quite sometime now ( maybe 2 weeks) and only adding few flake food first week which im now on 6th week .
As fish going in qt for at least 30 days ( im 8 days since first fish added ,last monday) i didnt do any tests on dt as system got wet as thought it will have around 8- 9 weeks so just prezumed when close to taking fish put qt and into dt i would add amnonian chloride to 2ppm 2 times in the week before and if reduces it to 0 ppm in 24 hours then this good enough.
And even though nitrites last couple weeks been testing at 0.25 ppm and amnonia always 2ppm ( sometimes could be read as 1ppm but think looks darker at night using bulbs as light source instead of near window during daytime)
Maybe 3 times in 1.5 week period i added 1 drop per litre into the system as directed but last time was 2 weeks ago roughly.
Ok thanks for replys and if no one thinks using un- dechloronated tap water to mix the mortar together would cause a problem i will carry on as i am and shortly get a 121 litre brute bin with a lid and possible mix up some salt water then can do just over 30% wc on system then just watch how the little fishes act in the dt water ^_^
Btw the 15% wc i did the other day was mainly because lots gunk in sump ( and thought maybe flake food i put in was to much and continually breaking down and rising the amnonia and bacteria breaking it down and somehow magically made it 2ppm every test he he
No, a little tap water won’t be a problem :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back