Cycling question - prob newby questions...

  • Thread starter Thread starter scottkel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scottkel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
Goodlettsville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are probably newby questions but its been so long since I cycled a tank that I can't remember. I setup a new tank a few weeks ago and I have been monitoring parameter. The ammonia is back to zero and so are the nitrites. There are barely and nitrates detected. The sand and rock are getting brown and there are bubbles that are coming from the sand and floating to the top. Is this normal stages of cycling? This pic was this morning with no tank lights on.

image-3986124918.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
Yeah sounds normal to me. It sounds like you are 3-4 weeks in I would leave it be (because of the chromis) and let the tank sit for about 3-4 more weeks before adding another fish. I went really slow with my tank though. You could probably add a fish and be fine but I would wait.


Sent from tapatalk
 
Another question - should I be running my skimmer throughout this period? Running lights at normal time durations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new