Cycling Questions

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there I may be being impatient but my ammonia is not moving from 2ppm (red sea test kit) its on the 5th day after I added dr Tims ammonia chloride and his One and only should I do a water change? or just wait it out

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there I may be being impatient but my ammonia is not moving from 2ppm (red sea test kit) its on the 5th day after I added dr Tims ammonia chloride and his One and only should I do a water change? or just wait it out
I wouldn't. I let it ride thru the whole cycle without a WC.
These day's when I cycle I sort of set it and forget it. Once you start some algae growth you'll know it's time to start testing. You can test daily in the meantime if you'd like to see the process in "real time" so to speak.
It is not a very entertaining process and if you started with dry rock you may have a few more weeks to go before the nitrogen cycle can start doing its thing.

Sea_Shanty_Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wait it out - it's not the kind of thing that you want to rush. I've always found I've had issues on tanks where I rushed the cycle.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Personally, I would wait it out because it is a natural part of the process. However, there are quite a few threads lately having trouble with Dr. Tim's One and Only for some reason.

Since you're impatient, I would suggest trying s different bottled bacteria product that has a lot of good review recently: FritzZyme Turbo Start 900. That should get you going super quickly. At the cost of spending more money, of course.

It's not that I am 100% sure Dr. Tim's doesn't work or anything like that. It's just people have a lot of success with Fritz.

OP
OP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would wait it out because it is a natural part of the process. However, there are quite a few threads lately having trouble with Dr. Tim's One and Only for some reason.

Since you're impatient, I would suggest trying s different bottled bacteria product that has a lot of good review recently: FritzZyme Turbo Start 900. That should get you going super quickly. At the cost of spending more money, of course.

It's not that I am 100% sure Dr. Tim's doesn't work or anything like that. It's just people have a lot of success with Fritz.
I can wait if needed just seeing if there is any other way to speed it up

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can wait if needed just seeing if there is any other way to speed it up
If you have some food (frozen or dry) try feeding a small amount every 2-3 days. Very small amount is all that is required.
I can't speak on the bottled bacteria methods, but this should kickstart the cycle.

Back