Cylinder Tank Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after seeing some really nice cylinder tanks online, I really want to start one of my own. Is there anything special I need to take into account when setting one up and are there any problems that will be unique to this shape of tank? Also if you have one, I'd love to see some pics of it! :D

Thanks!
 
I had a half cylinder and it was a pain to get the aquascape and flow right. It was pretty deep too which made placing corals and glass cleaning tricky.
 
You wouldn't be able to put magnetic power heads in there.
Flow could be a tricky thing to figure out.
 
For size I was think around 30g and for flow I was thinking the gyre would work pretty well. I should probably price out a tank first before I start planning anything lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new