Cyphastrea encrusting help

  • Thread starter Thread starter sredzins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sredzins

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag of cyphastrea to see if my lights would be able to sustain sps several months ago and it encrusted the entire plug. I had it growing on a frag rack and now I want it to encrust a rock. How do I get it to encrust a rock if the entire plus is already covered?
 
It will in time you cannot remove it from plug now that it has encrusted the plug. Give it time and it will grow onto rock.
 
Simple; glue the plug to the rock.

The corals doesn't know what it's growing on. It will keep encrusting.
 
Just setting fully developed polyps onto the rock will make it encrust the rock? The entire plus is covered and I had it sitting on the rock for a few weeks. Since dosing and adding more light growth has exploded, in would have thought it would have encrusted already
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new