Cyphastrea v., Montipora?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
592
Reaction score
447
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

This is both a SPS/LPS question: When it comes to hitchhiking pests which encrusting coral species tends to be a the bigger pest magnet? Encrusting montipora or cyphastrea? Doing some cursory research it seems with montipora that nudibraches seem to be a real problem with respect to impervious eggs, etc., post dipping.

Thoughts/experiences?

Cheers,
G
 
I think montipora is more of a magnet for pest
 
If you’re lucky, your cyphastrea comes with worms! (Xmas tree worms 🙂) Monti I would say is a larger magnet for bugs but also hardier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new