d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some "inhabitants"...

Notice the baby gorg and some kind of sponge under one of my rocks with who knows what hanging off of it, maybe a tiny stone?

20221219-DSC_2463-Reef.jpg

20221219-DSC_2470-Reef.jpg

20221219-DSC_2473-Reef.jpg

20221219-DSC_2475-Reef.jpg

20221219-DSC_2476-Reef.jpg

20221219-DSC_2479-Reef.jpg

20221219-DSC_2485-Reef.jpg

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank! I recently got a 600 as well and love it, it’s also still in the early stages but so far so good. Any plans to add a roller in the sump at all? I’m thinking about adding a ClariSea sk-3000 later on as the tank develops, but space might be an issue. Also your cable management is superb, I’ll be tidying up all my cables during the Xmas holidays as you’ve given me some inspiration now haha..

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank! I recently got a 600 as well and love it, it’s also still in the early stages but so far so good. Any plans to add a roller in the sump at all? I’m thinking about adding a ClariSea sk-3000 later on as the tank develops, but space might be an issue. Also your cable management is superb, I’ll be tidying up all my cables during the Xmas holidays as you’ve given me some inspiration now haha..
Thanks!
Like you, I may add one in the future, but for now I'm ok washing socks. I found the stock sock to clog up pretty quickly, usually within 48 hours or so. I picked up some regular 200 micron felt socks.

Overall I'm really liking the tank. My only quibble with the whole system is the sump. I kinda wish it was acrylic instead of glass. It's a beast, so heavy. Makes removal for a deep clean or whatever that much harder. But it is easier to customize, like removing the sock holder for example. I think they could improve it by making it acrylic with height adjustable skimmer section, removable sock holder and filter roller ready.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great so far, I love the variety of fish and coral you have in the tank!
Thank you! I kinda pushed it for being so early on (lost a gold torch :( ) so letting things be for a little bit, but looking forward to adding more in 2023!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I kinda pushed it for being so early on (lost a gold torch :( ) so letting things be for a little bit, but looking forward to adding more in 2023!
Sorry about the loss!! but at least you got a lot going in your tank and it looks great. Maybe you can get a new golden torch in 2023!!

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. The 3' cube is still one of my favorite tanks. Love the inverts, sponges, and overall natural look.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... the Reef Raft Wolverine went kaput overnight! The Raindrops on Roses I thought for sure would survive was also on its way out, STN'ing. So I cut off the tip and remounted on a new plug and saved the base to see if that heals. Had to toss the rest of it. And a couple others are questionable, like the Dragon, but those are always pretty sensitive. The Joker 2.0 has had nice PE and a few of the others look pretty good.

None of this is really unexpected considering the age of the tank but fingers crossed at least SOME of them survive. :expressionless-face:

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow it's February already?! :astonished-face::astonished-face::astonished-face::astonished-face:

Been crazy busy, working my butt off. Got a new pool coming in several weeks I gotta pay for! Have had no time or money for fishy stuff. o_O:loudly-crying-face:

Most of my tank time has been spent crying over SPS frag demise. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
So out of the 11 that I got, I have 7 left.
5 are fine. Colors look like poo, but otherwise they are ok.
1 is down to the base, i had to cut off the rest that was RTN'ing.
Another was STN'ing on the back side of each branch. Weird. I dipped it and I think I stopped it. Or severrrrrely slowed it down. Time wil tell.
1 had RTN'd completely the first night.
3 others went over the next week or two or three. I dunno even know anymore.

And I lost my gold torch and my fancy schmancy hammer.

Frogspawn looks awesome... Red Goni is doing well... Acan, jawbreaker shroom, galaxia... all doing well.

So ya, just sitting here watching the remaining 5-7 sps like a hawk.

Anyhoo... here's my first pic of 2023! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Will take more soon.
I hope your coral are doing better than mine! New tanks... ugh. LOL

20230203-DSC_3222-Reef.jpg

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea why you’re losing the sticks?
Honestly, I think just being a new tank. Only a couple months old when I added them. And Phosphate was high around .15. Nitrates around 9 which would normally be ok for me.

Calcium was also really high, around 600. Alk kinda high, over 9.5. Stupid Red Sea Pro salt… levels are so elevated. I haven’t even had to dose yet. I should have stuck with Salinity salt on this tank like I normally use.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back