OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll love what reef moonshiners does for your gorgs. I run softy/lps and tried rm because I hate water changes, I was impressed with how the gorgs really take to it
Awesome.
Also hoping my sad sps frags start to take off. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome.
Also hoping my sad sps frags start to take off. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Oh I'm sure they will, I'm thinking about trying SPS again after the move and setting up the big tank again, since my cube will be able to hold my obsessive need for leathers.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up two of my favorite things this weekend!
Open Brain and Flurry Clown. :D

20230405-DSC_5676-Reef.jpg

20230405-DSC_5691-Reef.jpg

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE!
I wound up with a Mantis.
Must have been born in the rockwork cause it was only an inch long.
You could hear it smashing snail shells. I figured it would be a hassle after it snuck out of the net on the way to the surface, BUT, a little while later it was at the front glass again. It didn't even run from the net. It now resides in a tank in a high school marine class.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE!
I wound up with a Mantis.
Must have been born in the rockwork cause it was only an inch long.
You could hear it smashing snail shells. I figured it would be a hassle after it snuck out of the net on the way to the surface, BUT, a little while later it was at the front glass again. It didn't even run from the net. It now resides in a tank in a high school marine class.
omg that's awesome. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I have a lot of clicking now but I think they are just pistols.
If there is a mantis, it hasn't shown itself yet which I feel like it would have by now but who knows.

Sometimes I think I'm listening to The Addams Family theme song.
dada-da-da... snap snap.
dada-da-da... snap snap.

:face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the last round of SPS didn't go so well... lost over half of them due to some technical difficulties on my part with bad calibration fluid and sky high salinity. :downcast-face-with-sweat:

So let's try again with another round from BattleCorals!
Will see how these do now that my tank is stable and all paramaters at good levels thanks to the ICP tests and Reef Moonshiners.

Coral arrived in tip-top shape!

20230406-DSC_5693-Reef.jpg

20230406-DSC_5694-Reef.jpg

20230406-DSC_5695-Reef.jpg

And gotta love the swag... I mean who doesn't love stickers? And these brushes come in super handy!
Even a nicely branded thank you card with detailed instructions. Class act all the way. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Thanks, Adam! @Battlecorals

IMG_2460.jpg

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving your build! I remember how nice all of your tanks were and it looks like this one is no exception.
Did your Blood Bank make it? I’m loving the colors coming out in mine.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving your build! I remember how nice all of your tanks were and it looks like this one is no exception.
Did your Blood Bank make it? I’m loving the colors coming out in mine.
Thanks!
the blood bank had made it through. Didn’t look good but was holding on. Then suddenly it gave up and died last week, stn’ing over a day or two.
But so far all my new ones are looking great so hopefully this round turns out much better!

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
the blood bank had made it through. Didn’t look good but was holding on. Then suddenly it gave up and died last week, stn’ing over a day or two.
But so far all my new ones are looking great so hopefully this round turns out much better!
Sorry to hear about your first batch, but I’m glad the new ones are doing better.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love when the sunlight hits my tank in the morning. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
The SPS always look brown (even browner than normal :face-with-tears-of-joy: ) but it's so pretty seeing some of the other textures and stuff lit up in natural light.

20230411-DSC_5713-Reef.jpg

20230411-DSC_5714-Reef.jpg

20230411-DSC_5718-Reef.jpg

20230411-DSC_5723-Reef.jpg

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took two months but my new lid finally arrived from TopLids!
Ordering was great, they were super detailed, wanting to make sure it was going to fit perfectly (it does). Several back and forth emails with measurements and stuff. I think it fits and looks great. So much better than the standard DIY type screen. I really missed having a feed door. No more lifting the whole screen.
Only bummer is the luminescent spline feature… they realized after mine was made that the paint doesn’t last as long as they thought. It eventually fades, unevenly, until it’s finally gone completely. But they refunded me for that feature. Meanwhile, it looks super cool. Lol

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple weeks ago I got an order of hermits and snails from Reefcleaners.org and I added a Pitho Crab to the order too. They are in the decorator crab family. I haven't seen him since I released him into the tank.

This morning I'm walking by the tank with just some sunlight hitting it, and see two little claws sticking up out of the sand at the front glass.
And then he came on out. Apparently wearing the algae he is supposed to be eating! :rolleyes: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

20230422-DSC_6274-Reef.jpg

20230422-DSC_6281-Reef.jpg

20230422-DSC_6285-Reef.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 110 77.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 19 13.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back