0   0   0
Here's a few bits and pieces of the tank :D

20230806-_DSC9585-Reef.jpg

20230806-_DSC9589-Reef.jpg

20230806-_DSC9600-Reef.jpg

20230806-_DSC9610-Reef.jpg

20230806-_DSC9611-Reef.jpg

20230806-_DSC9615-Reef.jpg
Looking great, you’ve got some amazing color!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some amazing pictures as always!
Looking great, you’ve got some amazing color!
Thanks!

SPS color is starting to come around. Lots of encrusting now and I've been chasing low Alk numbers, continuing to increase dosing again and again trying to get it up from low 7's into the mid 8's. Finally there this week. lol
Now i just need the stuff to grow outward! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on getting the electronics and dosing area setup/organized. Still have a couple more things to add.
How do you guys like my new GHL dosing containers? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :winking-face-with-tongue:

IMG_1909.jpg
Drawing inspiration from your setup here - recall where you got this cable raceway and what the dims are? Looks like it fits perfectly. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually one more question for you if time permits :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: . I notice you are running the Sicce SDC 6.0 and by your video appear to have the flow really dialed in. Mind if I ask what % power and flow rate you're running it at? And do you like the pump?

My Vectra s2 has been nothing but a pain to try to plumb to the Cade return plumbing, so I'm thinking of selling it for a Sicce SDC 3.0 or 6.0 which includes the needed fittings. The 6.0 looks way overpowered but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually one more question for you if time permits :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: . I notice you are running the Sicce SDC 6.0 and by your video appear to have the flow really dialed in. Mind if I ask what % power and flow rate you're running it at? And do you like the pump?

My Vectra s2 has been nothing but a pain to try to plumb to the Cade return plumbing, so I'm thinking of selling it for a Sicce SDC 3.0 or 6.0 which includes the needed fittings. The 6.0 looks way overpowered but I could be wrong.

Thanks!
It's running at 85%.
I got it based on another Cade 600 user's recommendation.
It has performed flawlessly, easy hookup, and it runs silently. Definitely recommend.

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's running at 85%.
I got it based on another Cade 600 user's recommendation.
It has performed flawlessly, easy hookup, and it runs silently. Definitely recommend.
Oh wow, that’s higher than I expected. Thanks for the quick response! TSA has it for 18% off, so just ordered! Hopefully this is a better fit than Vectra.

Last edited:

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly mate, the beauty you capture in your images, even of the most simple things is really inspiring.
I wish I could photograph like this. You show how even a small tank can have such diversity and be so full of life.
Really amazing

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly mate, the beauty you capture in your images, even of the most simple things is really inspiring.
I wish I could photograph like this. You show how even a small tank can have such diversity and be so full of life.
Really amazing
Thanks, Bro!

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you're still around!

Your macros on RC were a big part of the reason I got into photography many years ago. I remember buying a Coolpix 4300 20 years ago because I couldn't afford a DSLR at the time and this point-and-shoot had independent aperture and shutter speed control.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you're still around!

Your macros on RC were a big part of the reason I got into photography many years ago. I remember buying a Coolpix 4300 20 years ago because I couldn't afford a DSLR at the time and this point-and-shoot had independent aperture and shutter speed control.
Thanks! How's the photography going now? I saw a monti pic of yours that looked pretty amazing. :cool:

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! How's the photography going now? I saw a monti pic of yours that looked pretty amazing. :cool:

It’s been too long since I broke out the tripod — I’ve been meaning to do it but… kids and life stuff.

I was really happy with that Aquaman shot — or series of shots stacked. Someday I’ll have a legit macro rail so I don’t have to deal with focus breathing. Up first is a decent zoom lens. 9 year old started playing soccer recently and despite having 50 mp to crop, there’s only so much you can do with 70mm.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been too long since I broke out the tripod — I’ve been meaning to do it but… kids and life stuff.

I was really happy with that Aquaman shot — or series of shots stacked. Someday I’ll have a legit macro rail so I don’t have to deal with focus breathing. Up first is a decent zoom lens. 9 year old started playing soccer recently and despite having 50 mp to crop, there’s only so much you can do with 70mm.
Ya I feel ya, on all accounts. This thread has been much slower than usual due to lack of time.

Sigma and Tamron are good bets for nice zooms on a budget!
See if you can find something like a 70-300. A varying aperture won't matter for outdoor sports.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I feel ya, on all accounts. This thread has been much slower than usual due to lack of time.

Sigma and Tamron are good bets for nice zooms on a budget!
See if you can find something like a 70-300. A varying aperture won't matter for outdoor sports.

That’s the range I was thinking. I found Nikons VR version for $300 on keh. Though I seem to remember the lens I was originally looking at was $900 or so. Maybe it was an 80-200 f4? I can’t remember.

Much as I’d love the 70-200 f/2.8, I’ll never need that much light here in Florida. Though the DoF would be nice to have. Not worth $2k though. And I’m sure there are decent affordable software solutions if I really needed that sort of subject isolation,

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back