Dad Turns 75 on May 10th. Gift Ideas?

InkedReefLady

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
246
Reaction score
349
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas for my Dad who turns 75 on Mother's Day (poor him! LOL!). We're in MI and they retired to FL, so I need ideas on something I can ship.

When he turned 70, I got him field-side tickets to a Yankee-Rays game. Clearly, that won't happen this time :(

He's a baseball fan, armchair quarterback. ;) Doesn't really have any hobbies other than the Knights of Columbus (which he can't attend now anyway) and really just helps to take care of my Mom since she has a lot of health issues.

I'm an only child and don't have siblings to assist with the process, so any thoughtful ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
 
Get him a reef tank! Jk

How about some personal massagers, I've seen some pretty cool neck and back massagers you just kinda wear like a poncho and sit back on any chair. Or a foot massager. Or both.
 
Give him the gift of your time. Spend some extra time with him. That’s all that matters to him I bet.

They're in FL.....We usually visit 2x a year, but we won't be going this summer and who knows about the winter holidays. :(
 
My mom is 88 (also in FL) and I always struggle with gifts for her! One thing she really enjoys is a "variety" gift basket. I usually find them on 1-800-Flowers or order them from Costco. You can get some really nice ones for under $100. I usually buy one with coffee/tea/summer sausage/cheese/crackers and of course, sweets. If he's a reader, maybe some books on his favorite teams, or DVD's? My dad loved sports apparel well into his 70's, so I would order hats, sweatshirts, etc. for him. Hope this helps, and tell him Happy Birthday!
 
My mom is 88 (also in FL) and I always struggle with gifts for her! One thing she really enjoys is a "variety" gift basket. I usually find them on 1-800-Flowers or order them from Costco. You can get some really nice ones for under $100. I usually buy one with coffee/tea/summer sausage/cheese/crackers and of course, sweets. If he's a reader, maybe some books on his favorite teams, or DVD's? My dad loved sports apparel well into his 70's, so I would order hats, sweatshirts, etc. for him. Hope this helps, and tell him Happy Birthday!

I had no idea CostCo did baskets like this! I ordered flowers for my Mom for Mother's Day through CostCo and got a heck of a deal on roses. I'll check into that! Thank you!
 
You can buy almost anything from Amazon and they will ship it to him instead of you. Easy peasy!
 
a phone w facetime?
 
Looking for ideas for my Dad who turns 75 on Mother's Day (poor him! LOL!). We're in MI and they retired to FL, so I need ideas on something I can ship.

When he turned 70, I got him field-side tickets to a Yankee-Rays game. Clearly, that won't happen this time :(

He's a baseball fan, armchair quarterback. ;) Doesn't really have any hobbies other than the Knights of Columbus (which he can't attend now anyway) and really just helps to take care of my Mom since she has a lot of health issues.

I'm an only child and don't have siblings to assist with the process, so any thoughtful ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
25 year old escort
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new