Damaged frogspawn help

lanabanana

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I slightly damaged my frogspawn while cleaning… a few polyps broke off.

Should I do a iodine dip? How much do I add per gallon?

I placed an order for Lugol’s solution but it will take 2 days. Will it be okay in the meantime?

IMG_8198.jpeg
 
Last edited:
A few polyps lost isn’t enough to worry about ime. If it is still extending the others it is likely going to be fine without intervention.
Thank you for the reassurance! I read how easily euphyllia coral’s can get brown jelly disease so I automatically expected the worst.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new