Damaged sump

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was removing my auto top off, and it slipped and fell rlly hard and cracked a corner on my sump (refer to photos). I’m OCD as hell and it’s on my mind 24/7. My tank is still under warranty and was wondering what I should do… I’m nuts so I would go to the extent of buying a new sump over this. I guess I’m just looking for ppl to tell me if it’s worth changing or makes 0 difference, or if warranty is only for defective products ?

IMG_1388.png IMG_1386.jpeg

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
User damage would not be warranty covered. Looks like a Red Sea sump? I would be more worried about the glass on top of the stand than underneath it.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic is like plastic that it’s hard and brittle or non-ductile. So if you don’t see any more cracks anywhere else, you are good to go.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah it is a Red Sea sump, do you think the structure is still good with such a small chip/crack?
Yes I wouldn't worry since the chip is above the water line and also not really near any silicone joint from the looks of it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back