Damsel in Distress

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what’s going on with my damsel? I’m thinking maybe coral stings? He/she had started to turn grayish/blue. It started as a small area and is now most of the fish besides the head. I tried to include a picture but it’s not the best. Only other fish is a clownfish but they have been together for a few months now, and the clown does occasionally chase the damsel but there are plenty of hiding spots and rocks to break up line of sight. Neither has any torn fins or any signs of physical damage from each other and both normally and have nice fat tummies :) I’m thinking it may be stings because I have a BTA, frogspawn, and hammer and I know they can all sting. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

EC8FAACC-DE56-4473-AAD6-FBE2A389C865.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very difficult to see anything in the picture provided. Coral stings usually leave small dark spots on a fish's skin. From you description, it's sounding more like a bacterial infection as the fish's skin color is changing and spreading. A bacterial infection can look like a darkening or lightening of the fish's skin.
Bacterial infections really need to be treated in a QT with antibiotics. Kanaplex, Furan2, NFG, Triple Sulfa (aka Sulfaplex) are all good wide spectrum ABX.

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very difficult to see anything in the picture provided. Coral stings usually leave small dark spots on a fish's skin. From you description, it's sounding more like a bacterial infection as the fish's skin color is changing and spreading. A bacterial infection can look like a darkening or lightening of the fish's skin.
Bacterial infections really need to be treated in a QT with antibiotics. Kanaplex, Furan2, NFG, Triple Sulfa (aka Sulfaplex) are all good wide spectrum ABX.
Thank you for the response? Are they contagious and what are some ways it can come about? Thank you

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response? Are they contagious and what are some ways it can come about? Thank you

A bacterial infection starts for fish like it does for us, any injury and then add in the germs and pathogens in our tanks and there you have it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back