Damsel that’s going to be in distress

sesbalders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Took the plunge and bought a lemon peel angel for my tank.

Just put her in the DT and one of my damsels (I hate the little git) has started getting all Agro with her.

I thought “right you little £&#%, time to kick you out of your cave” !! Rearranged the rock scape and the aggression is better but he’s still being a challenge.

Question is, short of getting him out and dumping him in the sump, (I’d rather not as I will basically have to disassemble the entire scape) will she come out fighting and kick his backside for him? She is literally double his size!

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught 2 of my 3 black damsels who were absolutely evil. One is in the sump, 1 is in another tank - and much more docile now that he's alone with some big fish (emperor angel and a couple of tangs). Not sure what to do with the one in the sump either - it's the alpha and the most aggressive. I also doubt anyone will take it but i'll offer him up on our local FB group. Never ever will I add any damsels again.

OP
OP
S

sesbalders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught 2 of my 3 black damsels who were absolutely evil. One is in the sump, 1 is in another tank - and much more docile now that he's alone with some big fish (emperor angel and a couple of tangs). Not sure what to do with the one in the sump either - it's the alpha and the most aggressive. I also doubt anyone will take it but i'll offer him up on our local FB group. Never ever will I add any damsels again.
I never wanted to either, my son’s choice, and to be fair it’s a yellow tail and never been a problem before today.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got an azure and a scar face damsel. Scar is evil!!! The azure stays out of his way since he outsized him. I would just monitor, she might clap back when shes comfortable. Damsels are damsels lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back