Damsel pairing advice

MoodyManticore

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef newbie question:

I have a 30 gallon with two small clowns and a small Bengaii cardinal.

The biggest clowns have been nipping.

I kinda want a Yellowtail damsel fish but I weary about the aggression.

I'm hoping the clown would focus on a fish that is equally sassy but worse case the Cardinal gets another bully.
 
Reef newbie question:

I have a 30 gallon with two small clowns and a small Bengaii cardinal.

The biggest clowns have been nipping.

I kinda want a Yellowtail damsel fish but I weary about the aggression.

I'm hoping the clown would focus on a fish that is equally sassy but worse case the Cardinal gets another bully.
I dont think addition of damsel will change anything. Clowns are in nature territorial and defensive and will chase others, bite at them and steal the food
 
I dont think addition of damsel will change anything. Clowns are in nature territorial and defensive and will chase others, bite at them and steal the food
I'll invest in more liverock and provide more hiding places for now, I do want a damsel fish in the future.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new