Damsels in my tank

Jlentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll most likely fix the damsel problem. You'd need to chuck a couple dozen hermits and snails in every month or so. Mine actually lived with a couple damsels, blenny, and yellow tangs. So ymmv. Everything that moves needs to be written off before going in the murder shrimp tank. Lol

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll most likely fix the damsel problem. You'd need to chuck a couple dozen hermits and snails in every month or so. Mine actually lived with a couple damsels, blenny, and yellow tangs. So ymmv. Everything that moves needs to be written off before going in the murder shrimp tank. Lol
Yeah, he is like the Ed Gein of the aquarium world.. hahaha but on a serious note he is a beautiful creature indeed

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, your wife is a reefer too... at least she didn't buy lion fish and put in there...

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try a fish trap, take a plastic bottle cut off about 1/3 of the top portion, then invert that back into the bottle so the larger opening is now at the top and smaller in the bottle. Place some food in the bottle and hopefully the damsel will swim in to get the food. Once they swim in they can't swim out the small opening. I've caught a damsel using this approach in the past.
It isn't fitting in a bottle trap and won't go anywhere near my bigger trap

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish trap and luck is your best bet unless you really want to take allll the rocks out. Damsels have a bad rep because a lot are buttheads. But depending what kind she got you might be ok? I have a neon damsel that's fine with his tank mates.

Meccaman96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till its asleep completely dark room then blast it with a bright flashlight. At the same time as you net it. %60 of the time it works every time.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corner method. Get a sheet of glass or acrylic and slowly corner them. Then net them out.

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, its usually a last man standing kinda thing woth Damsels.
Yeah, o had a few I'm some past saltwater tanks and the were !@#$%&*( . I will get them out before I put anything else in more than likely, but the again I may do it prison style. Put them an and let them just fight it out till we have a winner..[emoji123]

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, o had a few I'm some past saltwater tanks and the were !@#$%&*( . I will get them out before I put anything else in more than likely, but the again I may do it prison style. Put them an and let them just fight it out till we have a winner..[emoji123]

THUNDER DOME!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back