Damsels in my tank

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as the title says I have some damsels in my tank. My tank has been up and running for about 6 weeks and my wife was tired of looking at a tank full of water and o my shrimp and 3 hermit crabs. So she went and bought some Damsels and put them in it while I was at work. She did it properly and did the acclamation drip and whatnot but when I got home there were damsels in my tank... 4 of them. My question is this.... How the hell do I get them out, lol. I got other stuff I wanted to put in there and I have read nothing good about damsels getting along with other fish. Of course I couldn't be mean to her because she is my wife and she is 8.5 months pregnant. So I calmly told her we would move them to a smaller tank for just her to take care of. So how do I do it guys... HELP ME

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to get all my fish out a few weeks back to run fallow due to ich. Got all but the 2 damsels the first day and that was with the water drained about 85%. Next day drained same amount of water and had to pull the rocks to catch them. Got the 1, couldn't find the other. Pulled a rock out of the brute can I had them in with the water to put back in the tank and my youngest daughter said there it is on the back of that rock. I didn't want to take out the rocks with all the coral attached, but ended up not having a choice. Thinking once I am done with quarantine these damsels are going in a different tank of mine.

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to get all my fish out a few weeks back to run fallow due to ich. Got all but the 2 damsels the first day and that was with the water drained about 85%. Next day drained same amount of water and had to pull the rocks to catch them. Got the 1, couldn't find the other. Pulled a rock out of the brute can I had them in with the water to put back in the tank and my youngest daughter said there it is on the back of that rock. I didn't want to take out the rocks with all the coral attached, but ended up not having a choice. Thinking once I am done with quarantine these damsels are going in a different tank of mine.
Yeah, I will definitely be avoided damsels.. lol. I had one in a previous rank and he was such a !@#

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try a fish trap, take a plastic bottle cut off about 1/3 of the top portion, then invert that back into the bottle so the larger opening is now at the top and smaller in the bottle. Place some food in the bottle and hopefully the damsel will swim in to get the food. Once they swim in they can't swim out the small opening. I've caught a damsel using this approach in the past.

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170529_191837.jpg
that damsel is next to a 16 year old yellow tang for size comparison

Back