Dang LFS

Rufus’ goofs

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
737
Reaction score
1,027
Location
PNW
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been looking for a Flametailed Blenny for a while now. I've looked on websites, but don't want to pay the shipping. So I called my favorite LFS (Crystal Reef Aquatics, in Bellingham, WA.) and got the owner to order me one in. This LFs is amazing. I've read so many horror stories, but these guys go above and beyond in most cases. All of their fish go into quarantine for a 1 month minimum (which I know is certainly below the standards of many, but come on. this is a business.) They have a great selection of corals and a very extensive knowledge over all types of coral including NPS, and the propagation of them. 4 out of 5 times, I leave happier than I thought I would and I've learned something to boot.

so about 3-4 weeks ago I got a hold of the owner and he told me he would definitely get me a Flametailed Blenny, and that he would do his best to get me a couple Clown Gobies I've been looking for as well.

But today....

My Girl and I went to the farmers market up their and stopped by the fish store (thinking I could pay for him and at least see him nearing the end off quarantine), but the girl working (super nice and helpful and 100% willing to say "I don't know" if its the truth) says, "so have you talked to the boss? I haven't seen your fish and he won't really answer me when I ask about your Blenny.

:(:confused::(

Where's my Blenny? If he hadn't been able to get it yet, cool, whatever, but... why? wheres the "Hey, still trying to find one, haven't forgotten about you!" or the "hey you might have better luck going this route."

I'm sad. I really like this guy and his store.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been looking for a Flametailed Blenny for a while now. I've looked on websites, but don't want to pay the shipping. So I called my favorite LFS (Crystal Reef Aquatics, in Bellingham, WA.) and got the owner to order me one in. This LFs is amazing. I've read so many horror stories, but these guys go above and beyond in most cases. All of their fish go into quarantine for a 1 month minimum (which I know is certainly below the standards of many, but come on. this is a business.) They have a great selection of corals and a very extensive knowledge over all types of coral including NPS, and the propagation of them. 4 out of 5 times, I leave happier than I thought I would and I've learned something to boot.

so about 3-4 weeks ago I got a hold of the owner and he told me he would definitely get me a Flametailed Blenny, and that he would do his best to get me a couple Clown Gobies I've been looking for as well.

But today....

My Girl and I went to the farmers market up their and stopped by the fish store (thinking I could pay for him and at least see him nearing the end off quarantine), but the girl working (super nice and helpful and 100% willing to say "i don't know" if its the truth) says, "so have you talked to the boss? I haven't seen your fish and he won't really answer me when I ask about your Blenny.

:(:confused::(

Where's my Blenny? If he hadn't been able to get it yet, cool, whatever, but... why? wheres the "Hey, still trying to find one, haven't forgotten about you!" or the "hey you might have better luck going this route."

I'm sad. I really like this guy and his store.


I'd be happy to have a LFS that actually cares enough to QT fish before selling them :\
only place to really buy corals and fish besides petco is a private owned place that has 1 tank that has corals which half are dead or not for sale and all of the fish are bag acclimated then poured in :\

I will say they'll order you ANYTHING if you ask so that's a plus haha and they even get a huge discount on equipment :o
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new