Daniel's 125g mixed reef tank!

25 ricordea + all that other stuff died in the winter storm (due to delayed shipping). FedEx freak'in cancelled service in my area Thursday AND Friday of last week. 2 day before 10:30am shipping FedEx, sent Tuesday arrived Saturday at around noon. It was horrible. The ricordea had fused into a huge ball of black/white mush.
 
Cut some frags and mounted the ricordea that wouldn't stick to the rock work. Anemone split and the two-mouthed orange yuma are the other pictures
IMG_0563.jpg
IMG_0565.jpg
IMG_0567.jpg
 
The War Coral is fantastic! Has that maxi-mini ever eaten any fish?
 
Out of the 50 or so ricordea I ordered. Probably only 30~ made it (second order mind you). The inverts that came with it were very nice though...

The owner was a pleasure to deal with, I don't think my experience is the norm. My one complaint is that of the 30 ricordea I got, some are as small as a pinky nail, not at all full size ricordea.
 
I also just found a source for direct Walt Smith Fiji acropora!!!!!!!!

I ordered......40...... (insert evil laugh!)
frag tanh.jpg


I just setup this 40g breeder frag tank (plumbed into main system)... I think I need a bigger one now... :-)
 
Forgot to add: Greensboro, NC was a third world country Thursday - Sunday. We had the worst ice storm ever, there was almost no one with power in a county of over a million. It looked like a scene from "The Walking Dead" honestly. You couldn't buy gas, no street lights were working, trees and power lines everywhere, etc. Even Waffle house was closed!

I live in a very populated residential area, I was lucky my power was only off Friday 1am to Saturday 8pm. I kept my tank warm by turning the heat up to 80 in the house and stirred it with my hand almost hourly. I didn't lose anything except a few frags (you can see them in the above pic), they had all been cut less than 24hrs before the storm, so I feel lucky only a few died.
 
Can't wait to get off work. I'm going to move a few of these to my display.

Almost all of the new corals had their polyps out this morning :-) Very exciting!
 
Here it is under an actinic & blue+. The other photo is the ATI 12k bulbs.
IMG_0619.jpg


Here's another cool one. It's carolina blue with neon green polyps
IMG_0617.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new